Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What a Productive Day!

Today after work, we worked on our gardens. I was pregnant last growing season so I didn't get a lot of landscaping done. All I did last year was throw some annuals into this patch of garden in front of our front porch. Today, I planted evergreens. I planted Heller's Japanese Holly. The reason I picked this particular plant is because it was the only evergreen shrub at a reasonable price that requires only morning sun. I'm sure there are more out there, but they weren't at Lowe's. :) I'm going to plant some annuals in front of the shrubs, but I haven't yet decided which ones. I know it's definitely not going to be impatiens. Last year I planted a row of impatiens along the front border and the NEXT MORNING they were all gone. Only little twigs remained. Apparently deer think they are very yummy. I had no idea we even had deer until the case of the missing impatiens.


When I finished with my garden, Brett started on his. He has built a raised garden for veggies and herbs. He had two scoops of topsoil delivered today so he got busy carting it back to his garden. Duncan was happy to help with his little blue shovel.


Seeing my two guys hard at work was a photo opportunity too sweet to pass up. Actually, it was what inspired me to write this blog in the first place.


Audrey was happier playing inside where she could sit on the ground and play with her toys. I'm sure she'll enjoy gardening when she's more mobile. :)


No comments:

 
Designed by Lena