Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sheba

Today was full of visits. I worked yesterday and was too tired to post. I went in to work today, but got a call an hour after I got there. It was my mom calling to tell me my grandma's dog, Sheba, died this morning and my Gammy was inconsolable. I promptly left work and spent the day with Gammy. Brett, Duncan and I went to my little sister's softball game later tonight. They played really well, but it got dark so they decided the game with a coin toss!!! Can you believe that? What a way to win or lose! I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures to share with you. I do have lighthearted news... I bought material yesterday so I can start learning how to sew! I was very excited to see that Walmart has a decent selection of $1/yd material. I went a little crazy and bought 31 yds of different patterns I liked!!! I do have a picture of that :)


I also bought patterns for window treatments and pillows. I bought 'Window Treatments for Dummies' and 'Decorative Pillows for Dummies'. I like the Dummies books so I figured that using Dummies patterns would be a good place to start. However, I started reading the directions... I think this might be quite a challenge, but I'm up for it.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I love Walmarts $1 a yard section. I've bought some really good stuff there.... escpecially when you're in need of window tratments.
Sorry about your Gammies dog. I know its like losing a family member.

pk said...

So hard to lose a pet ! Remember when I was the one to take my husbands family dog. Ugh ! I'll never forget those beautiful big eyes so knowing yet understanding and yes I believe thankful.
Ugh. My heart goes out to you and your grammy and family.
As for sewing, my quilting is coming along a little better. BUT, any dress I've tried to make comes out yuk, kinda like a hospital gown sewn shut ! Darts or not ! But, I must say I'm thankful to have found quilting and applique sew, ah, so , enjoy finding out where a passion lies for you in all that wonderful fabric ! hugs, pk

 
Designed by Lena