Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. Becoming Martha Stewart is wearing me out!! :) Okay so here's the update. On Friday I didn't get much done except dinner (what else is new?). I grilled chicken and new potatoes and I steamed broccoli. I also grilled corn, but not well. I thought you could just stick the corn on the grill in the husk. My mom told me yesterday that you have to soak the corn for 6 hours first. So it's no wonder my butter disappeared into my corn so quickly! Brett ate it anyway and even went so far as to say it wasn't bad. Yesterday I grilled pork chops, roasted asparagus and boiled the corn. The corn turned out all right but I over cooked the asparagus. Brett ate all of it and even said it was good! I decided I don't really care for crunchy asparagus :) I have such a sweet husband don't I? I have a picture of the chicken dinner, but not of the crunchy asparagus dinner: 

I bought a sewing machine yesterday!!! I have decided that the empty room downstairs is going to be a sewing/craft room, and the guest bedroom is going to become the guest bedroom/office. I am sooo excited! Now all I have to do is learn how to sew...

Duncan was looking at me with such a funny face I just had to take a picture. He was cracking me up...then I found out he was pooping. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Meghan,
Sorry I didn't get the chance to visit you and your boys at Tricia's. I hope next time I will be in town for the gathering. Once duncan turns three feel free to send him down to cousins for some river trips.

Tricia said...

Hahahahaha! Meghan, you're a natural blogger. I tried grilling corn once, with the same results as you. On all the cooking shows they say, "Just through it on the grill." Soak t for 6 hours? To much advanced planning for me.
(That was my brother Greg commenting before.)

 
Designed by Lena